Well, it was a whirlwind of a trip.
This past weekend, we partnered with Fairmont Hotels & Via Rail and had the pleasure of traveling across Canada while experiencing some of the best food, music, hotels, castles, culture, and adventures to celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday! Not only were we lucky enough to visit both Ottawa and Toronto, but this “Great Canadian Railway Adventure” allowed us to get a taste of the true Canadian Spirit! We stayed in some of the most beautiful & historic Fairmont hotels and were able to travel in luxury with ease on the Via Rail Canada train from one city to the next!
Location: Ottawa, ON
Where To Stay: Fairmont Chateau Laurier
- Wondering why you should stay here? It is simple. The Fairmont Chateau Laurier is in the smack dab center of downtown Ottawa, the nation’s capital! You can walk to the Parliament buildings, Rideau Canal, art galleries, and Byward Market. Inside, you will be in awe of the historic castle-like beauty of this hotel, which is rich with history, classic designs, and has all the modern amenities you could imagine.
Things to Do & See in Ottawa:
- Nordik Spa-Nature (Pictured Below)
- Chocolate Making Class at Le Cordon Bleu Cooking School
- Tour Parliament & walk through a variety of galleries
Via Rail Canada
How To Travel: Via Rail Canada
Traveling via train has both a practical & romantic feel to it, while flying or driving in a foreign area can be extremely stressful! But what’s not stressful is boarding a luxury train, sitting back, having a cocktail, relaxing, and taking in the scenery as you soar from one city to the next! Easy & luxurious…what’s not to love?! Pro Tip: Don’t pass up the cheese plate, olive bread, & a glass of chardonnay on board! And you never know who might be on board….Sarah McLachlan (yeah, that one! Did you know she’s Canadian?!) even made a guest appearance & treated us to a surprise concert!
Location: Toronto, ON
Where to Stay: Fairmont Royal York
- There are a lot of hotel options in Toronto, but none of them hold a candle to this spot! This historic, luxury hotel has a perfect twist of modern, yet downtown, comfort. The Royal York just underwent a multi-million dollar guest room revitalization creating the most beautiful modern and bright rooms to stay in….and to top it off, the Royal York boasts award-winning restaurants & bars! Located in the center of downtown Toronto, you can easily walk to the train station, Ripley’s Aquarium, The CN Tower, Air Canada Centre, Rogers Centre, and Sony Centre for performing arts.
Things to Do & See:
- Sweet Jesus, Sorry Coffee, & Calii Love
- Shop Queens Street
- The Bata Shoe Museum
- Afternoon Tea in the Library Room at the Fairmont Royal York (Pictured Below)
- Tour of distillery District- Mill Street Brewery tasting