They say that it takes 21 days to create a habit.
Well, since we are 10 days into January….what good (or possibly bad?!) habits are you well on your way to forming in 2021?
I think it’s only natural that we all re-assess our priorities, habits, and routines at the beginning of every year. We try to leave the bad behind, wash the slate clean, and start anew. Sometimes we succeed and sometimes we fail. But ultimately, I think it’s important to note THAT WE CAN CONTROL HOW SUCCESSFUL WE ARE AT FORMING GOOD HABITS…all we have to do write them down, focus on them, and remember that consistency is key.
Here is a quick overview at my morning routine & daily habits: some are old and some are new, but nonetheless, they are all important to me, and I know I will never regret prioritizing my health & my stress levels!
- Hydrate & Read: In previous years, the first thing I have done when I wake up is go STRAIGHT FOR THE IPHONE! But this year I am reading 10 pages in a book to stimulate my mind differently! In the couple of days I have been implementing this change, I have noticed that my day doesn’t begin in such a stressed out manner. While reading, I finish the tall glass of water on my nightstand if I hadn’t already finished it throughout the night! The book I am re-reading right now is “Quit Like a Woman,” which is all about the pressures of drinking….I’ll share more about this book later this week in another blog post!
- Lemon Water: Another new habit I am adding to my routine is drinking warm lemon water on an empty stomach before rushing to my coffee. This simple glass of lemon water does so much for you…..it helps in maintaining the pH balance of the body, acts as a detoxifying agent, & helps with maintaining digestive health! In addition, lemons are also a rich source of Vitamin C, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, & magnesium!
- NuFace Facial Toning Device: Once I get my lemon water, I actually crawl back into bed to finish reading….& thats when I take 5 minutes to do my Nuface Facial Toning Device. I have learned that THIS DEVICE WORKS WHEN USED EVERY DAMN DAY, so I felt like I couldn’t just half ass it….I needed to find a time of my day to add it in…so multitasking to the rescue! In all seriousness, people ask quite frequently what I think of this device…and I must say, it really does effectively contour your face…so if you own it, consider this your friendly reminder to find 5 daily minutes for it! Hell, write it on your to-do list if you must!
- Morning Skincare Routine: This entire breakdown is coming later during wellness week in a blog post, but the cliffs notes version for now includes a splash of cold water, Vitamin C serum, moisturizer, & sunscreen! And brushing my teeth with my Vanity Planet toothbrush, of course! (Code CKBRUSH for 75% off!)
- NO ELECTRONICS UNTIL THESE 4 THINGS LISTED ABOVE ARE COMPLETED!
- Make Today’s To Do List & Sip Coffee: Once I have gotten my mind right & spent about 30-60 waking up, its time to hit the ground running with the actionable items that I MUST ACCOMPLISH by EOD. These can be work or personal, I just try to list them in order of importance! I know a hand written to-do list feels a little old school, but crossing things off makes me feel accomplished!
- Move My Body: 30 minutes per day, no excuses! Somedays, I grab my airpods & go for a walk during conference calls, while other days I am working out at home with Obe Fitness (use code KERRENTLY for 30% off your first month)! Usually about 3-4 times throughout the week, Kyle & I will power walk a couple miles with Bossy or do Session Pilates, so the other 3 days, I like to do things that are fun for me! (I LOVE all the dancing classes on Obe’s site!) Later this week I will be sharing some of our favorite ways to workout at home in an entire blog post, FYI!
- Vitamins & Glotrition: It’s time to load up on the good stuff! I have taken these OLLY Women’s Multi gummies for years (read all about them in THIS BLOG POST), but I recently also add these Tula Balanced Beauty gummies, too (code KERRENTLY for 15% off, FYI!)! Not only are these Tula gummies vegan, natural, gluten & soy free, but they also are loaded with Biotin and folic acid, which support healthy skin & promote hair & nail growth! But they’ve also got probiotics & prebiotics, which help calm bloating by improving the natural balance of the digestive system! (Also, the founder of Tula is a practicing gastroenterologist who has studied probiotics for 15 years…so she knows a thing or 2 about how gut health can effect your skin health!) I also pour my bottle of Glotrition Super Beauty Elixir, which is my favorite way to get my clinically effective bioactive collagen into my system!
- Get Dressed for the Day: NO MATTER WHAT & even if I don’t have any plans of leaving the house! I have found that this small act really plays kindof a mind trick on how well I perform and how much I accomplish throughout the day, especially since I mostly work from home! Doing this actually reminds me of when my mom use to make me get dressed up on days I had tests in school…she had this theory that dressing up made kids feel confident….DRESS WELL, TEST WELL! Apparently, Mom knew what she was talking about….and I think it still applies as a grownup going to work!
What are some of your healthy habits you’ve done for years? And what are some that you are just adding to your wellness routine?! Would love for y’all to share with the KERRent Community in the comments below!